Severina Kids’ dolls are unique, handmade creations with unique environmental features:
1) The body of our dolls is made with 100% Certified Peruvian Cotton: It is grown organically without the use of pesticides, fungicides, herbicides, irradiation or Genetic engineering. It means that untreated seeds are used for its production. Untreated seeds build strong soil through crop rotation that retains water more efficiently and because of the increased organic matters in the soil, it represents an efficient use of water for watering.
2) Our dolls’ eyes are made of Eco-Felt: This felt is made by Eco-fi® which is a 100% recycled polyester fibre, made from recycled post-consumer plastic bottles. It is a clean and sustainable felt.
3) The filling is composed of 80% recycled Polyester: The filling of our dolls is 100% Polyester and the 80% of it is made from recycled post-consumer plastic bottles.
4) The dolls’ hair is made of 100% Merino Wool: The hair is hand knitted with the scraps of our production of our hand knitted cats and dogs in 100% Merino Wool. We make use of all the wool we have and all small scraps that cannot be knitted are used to make the dolls’ braids.
5) We use recycled fabrics to make the garments: All our pyjamas are made of 100% Cotton recycled shirts, the jeans also are made of old trousers that we collect every year. We ask all our friends and family to donate their old clothes!
7) Finally, the cotton tag of our packaging: We use all the scraps from our cotton collections and an artisan makes a hand serigraphy with lead free ink to stamp our tag design.