Our goal is to make people play, dream and travel with their imagination, but equally important for us is preserving the environment.
We base our design experience in the use of natural, organic and recycled materials, completing the process with an ethical production.
What do we do to accomplish our Eco-goals?
1) Our artisans & providers: We work with GOTS certified providers and producers. To give you an example we wash and dye our fabrics in a GOTS certified laundry that applies a treatment solution enabling the reuse of the wastewater. The responsible use of the water is crucial for future generations.
2) All our toys are made with 100% certified organic cotton: It is grown organically without the use of pesticides, fungicides, herbicides, irradiation or genetic engineering. It means that untreated seeds are used for its production. Untreated seeds build strong soil through crop rotation that retains water more efficiently and because of the increased organic matters in the soil it represents an efficient use of water for watering.
3) Our toys eyes are made of Eco-Felt: This felt is made by Eco-fi ® which is a 100% recycled polyester fibre made from recycled post-consumer plastic bottles. It is a clean and sustainable felt.
4) The filling we use is composed of 80% recycled polyester: The filling of our dolls is 100% Polyester and 80% of it is made from recycled post-consumer plastic bottles.
5) We knit 100% Merino wool The production of our hand knitted cats and dogs is knitted in 100% Argentinean Merino wool. The hair of our dolls is hand knitted with the scraps of the Cats & Dogs. We make use of all the wool we have and all small scraps that cannot be knitted are used to make the dolls’ braids.
6) We use recycled fabrics to make garments: Part of our dolls' pyjamas are made of 100% cotton recycled shirts, the jeans are made of old trousers that we collect every year. We ask all our friends and family to donate their old clothes to be reused!
7) All our cotton toys are pre-washed: It means that after a period of use they can be washed more efficiently in a washing machine in a wool or delicate program with the rest of your laundry. You will consume less water and the doll will neither shrink nor fade.
8) The leather collar of our cats & dogs: We produce them in a tannery in the North of Portugal, using all the scraps from other leather collections.
9) Recycled and reused material for shipments: We pack our products with recycled silk paper, we use recycled cardboard boxes and we try to reuse all the boxes that arrive to our studio. We are in the process of changing the plastic tape for a paper one that is 60% bio and solvent free. The UPS pouches that we use are FSC certified and contain recycled material, and we accomplish our goal of turning plastic free in 2020 for all our shipments. We encourage you to reuse or recycle the paper and boxes that you receive with your order. We can make a change together!